3.5.6 'make check' problems (base)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 6 00:49:14 GMT 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 05.02.07 17:52:59, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I like that word "yet". :-) Hopefully it is honest, and in the future 'make
>> check' /will/ be run.
>
> IMHO make check should already be run before committing any non-trivial
> change in kdelibs and kdebase at least - in KDE4. I mean what does it
> help if we start that in say 3 months just to reveal tons of failing
> tests all over the place?

...and the choir continues to preach to itself. :-)

One would hope... but obviously 'make check' didn't get run enough on
3.5. And I'd *still* run it - on a clean system - as part of creating
tarballs, in case everyone thinks their changes are "trivial". :-)

Note: I'm not really complaining*. KDE 3.5 is the way it is, and
bitching won't fix it (and I'm already actually *working* on it...).
We're just discussing what can be done to avoid it happening in KDE4.

(* OK, the first post (not in this thread, but the previous one) was
complaining, but I'm in the 'acceptance' stage now.)

--
Matthew
This message is non-smoking