3.5.6 'make check' problems (base)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Feb 5 22:37:16 GMT 2007

On Monday 05 February 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> > On Monday 05 February 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> >> command.cc:257: error: 'class SMTPProtocol' has no member named
> >> 'openPassDlg'
> >>
> >> ...but I can't figure out why. openPassDlg is a member of
> >> KIO::SlaveBase. SMTPProtocol is derived from KIO::TCPSlaveBase which in
> >> turn is derived from KIO::SlaveBase, so I don't see offhand what the
> >> problem is. Guesses?
> >
> > Because the test defines its own SMTPProtocol class, apparently.
> > test_commands.cc:class SMTPProtocol {
>
> Ack! I missed that, it's certainly the problem. Hmm, how to fix it...
> will have to think about that.

Ifdef'ing the call to openpassdlg when building that code as test, if I'm right
that it's getting compiled twice?

> > This test looks very unmaintained...
>
> I'll say again, tests *in general* seem to be unmaintained. I can't
> imagine that 'make check' is run regularly (clearly it does not appear
> to be a requirement of distribution that 'make check' pass clean at
> least on the packaging system - a requirement that IMO should change).
>
> It would be very good I think to have 'make check' run along with
> regular builds, especially for KDE4. After all, WTF is the point of a
> test suite if the tests themselves are broken? ;-)

You're preaching to the choir here.
How many times do I need to say it? The whole unit test stuff has been
completely overhauled for KDE4, and the tests are already compiled daily
with the rest of the code.