3.5.6 'make check' problems (base)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 5 21:00:23 GMT 2007

David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 05 February 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> command.cc:257: error: 'class SMTPProtocol' has no member named
>> 'openPassDlg'
>>
>> ...but I can't figure out why. openPassDlg is a member of
>> KIO::SlaveBase. SMTPProtocol is derived from KIO::TCPSlaveBase which in
>> turn is derived from KIO::SlaveBase, so I don't see offhand what the
>> problem is. Guesses?
>
> Because the test defines its own SMTPProtocol class, apparently.
> test_commands.cc:class SMTPProtocol {

Ack! I missed that, it's certainly the problem. Hmm, how to fix it...
will have to think about that. (Anyone I should check with on any
solution I come up with, since it'll probably be a WAG?)

> This test looks very unmaintained...

I'll say again, tests *in general* seem to be unmaintained. I can't
imagine that 'make check' is run regularly (clearly it does not appear
to be a requirement of distribution that 'make check' pass clean at
least on the packaging system - a requirement that IMO should change).

It would be very good I think to have 'make check' run along with
regular builds, especially for KDE4. After all, WTF is the point of a
test suite if the tests themselves are broken? ;-)

--
Matthew
This message is non-smoking