KDateTable future and KListWidget patch for review

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Feb 4 23:50:14 GMT 2007

On Saturday 03 February 2007, Robert Knight wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been doing some work porting a few of the remainding widgets in kdeui
> which currently use the Qt3 support classes to Qt4.
>
> Firstly, replacing the Q3ListBox-based KListBox with KListWidget.  I
> have never committed anything substantial to kdelibs before, so I
> would appreciate it if someone could have a quick look over the
> patch before I commit.  It is large I know, but most of the
> changes involve refactoring the same usage patterns into others.
>
> http://www.robertknight.me.uk/files/kde/kdelibs_klistbox_qt4_port.patch

Nice! Thanks a lot for tackling this.
To facilitate porting, we probably want to rename the old KListBox as K3ListBox
in kde3support; were you planning to do this? Well that's the easy part, my question
is rather: does all of kdelibs compile without KListBox after applying your patch?

> My other question concerns KDateTable, which provides the calendar
> widget used in the date picker dialog.
> In Qt 4.2, Trolltech introduced a QCalendarWidget, which is very
> similar in purpose.  I am not sure whether I should port KDateTable to
> Qt4 or whether its usage elsewhere should be replaced with
> QCalendarWidget.

Given the existence of KCalendarSystem, I'd say we want to keep KDateTable,
which uses KCalendarSystem, in order to let the users use those calendar systems.