Shipping a cursor theme with KDE

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Fri Dec 28 16:48:12 GMT 2007

> It is way easier to just drop the 'are the cursors subject to the
> freeze' thing and discuss if this is worth an exception.

It's actually not necessary to discuss an exception. As I pointed out already
artwork just like documentation is _not_ subject to a freeze. There are only
two exceptions:

1.) of course core parts of the look and feel shouldn't be drastically changed
unless they are still missing. This is especially important if they have been
included in screenshots of the documentation.

2.) changes of the artwork must not have a negative impact on the stability
and must not result in technical bugs.

Item 1.) is not an issue here given that a set of default cursors for Oxygen
has been missing and given that cursors never get included with screenshots.

So that only leaves item 2.) : While artwork usually doesn't have any impact
on the stability of the system I could imagine that it might be different
with cursors:

What might technically go wrong with a new theme and what are the chances that
this might actually happen?

So unless you feel like questioning the expertise of our artists and usability
experts that's the only remaining issue to discuss.

Torsten

--
 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz