Shipping a cursor theme with KDE

Kevin Ottens ervin-RoXCvvDuEio at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 27 13:43:23 GMT 2007

Since I got addressed personally I'll reply. Note that it'll be the last mail
from me, this topic just got too many mails already...

Le jeudi 27 décembre 2007, Riccardo Iaconelli a écrit :
> ¹ Yes ervin, I know you had some problems some time ago with cursor themes
> that showed up some bugs, but please specify better. You only said that
> once you've seen some problem happen, with no more infos. If you say it
> like this it's like you haven't said anything. I'm using just two subtle
> animations in the whole theme, so I presume it won't be something more
> problematic than, for example, DMZ (default in many major distributions
> now).

You completely missed the point, the thing is:
1) Even what you call "pure artwork"[*] might trigger issues,
2) Then, it's really too close to the release because it didn't get widespread
testing.

[*] And you're having a very relaxed definition IMHO, cursor theme have a
special treatment and can ruin user experience.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."