KPropertiesDialog needs a fix

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Mon Dec 24 14:32:35 GMT 2007

David Faure wrote:

> On Monday 24 December 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> On 24.12.07 01:09:58, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
>> > Attached patch does this: it makes KPropertiesDialog inherits from
>> > KDialog instead of KPageDialog and set a QTabWidget as the main widget.
>> > What do you think about this?
>>
>> Isn't this a BIC change and thus not possible anymore until KDE5?
>
> Hmm really? There have been some BIC changes not so long ago, IIRC...

So do you think it can go in?
Anyway, I made another version which should be BC (correct me if I am
wrong), it's just quite ugly. It keeps KPropertiesDialog inheriting from
KPageDialog, but use KPageDialog::Plain face type and adds the QTabWidget
as the only page. It probably needs to make other page adding methods from
KPageDialog private.

Aurélien