fixing Ctrl+A shortcut in konqueror location bar

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Mon Dec 24 12:42:27 GMT 2007

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 08:57:15 pm David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2007, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The fact that the Ctrl+A shortcut in konqueror's location bar hasn't
> > worked for awhile now has really bugged me. I sat down to fix it tonight
> > and came up with the attached patch.
> >
> > However, the patch is bogus. While it allows me to use Ctrl+A
> > successfully in the location bar, using the same shortcut in the khtml
> > part is now broken. If someone could provide some guidance on how I could
> > fix this, I'd appreciate it
>
> Probably because the KHTMLView doesn't have focus, its viewport has.
> I guess this needs Qt-4.4's new enum value in Qt::ShortcutContext (forgot
> the exact name) which includes child widgets. (so, not fixable yet)

I don't know the code in question but to get around missing
Qt::WidgetAndChidrenShortcut (or whatever it's called, I forget again) that
I've so far just been using foreach (QWidget* widget,
findChildren<QWidget*>()) actionCollection->associateWidget(widget);
(wrapped in version ifdefs, of course).

Cheers,