meinproc/docbook can't handle paths with spaces ?

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Mon Dec 17 22:34:22 GMT 2007

Am Montag, den 17.12.2007, 21:12 +0100 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:

> currently kdelibs doesn't build if the source dir contains spaces:
> man-checkXML.1.docbook:4: warning: failed to load external
> entity "dtd/kdex.dtd"

Is there a file dtd/kdex.dtd in the directory, where
man-checkXML.1.docbook is located? From your websvn interface I can see,
there is not. But your Doctype declarations says for the system
identifier:

"dtd/kdex.dtd"

So you can rewrite the location of kdex.dtd via catalog or if meinproc4
supports a similar syntax as (or is a frontend to) xsltproc, then give
the path that contains the DTD via the --path option.

This issue doesn't seem to be related to spaces. However, maybe the
catalog simply doesn't work if the directory containing the catalog
contains spaces (I'm not sure from your description). Maybe the space is
interpreted as a separator. I cannot help here, because I don't know
meinproc4 nor the KDE build system. But the issue is, that the DTD given
via system ID is not found.

HTH and regards, Daniel