kde3/kde4 co-installability again

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sat Dec 15 11:37:20 GMT 2007

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 12:35:49AM +0100, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 December 2007, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > apps to have the 4 removed again (because they are devel stuff):
> > - kde4automoc  (?)
> > - meinproc4   (?)
>
> Which improvement does removing the 4 bring ?

the question is, which improvement does adding the 4 bring, not the
other way round. every unnecessary versioning makes upgrades needlessly
harder.
fwiw, meanwhile i know meinproc4 needs to stay that way, as it is
obviously used by helpcenter, which is hardly a -devel candidate. :)

Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.