Closing all bugs?

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Tue Dec 11 08:52:37 GMT 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 09:15:50AM +0100, Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> Am Dienstag 11 Dezember 2007 08:33:56 schrieb Thomas Zander:
> > Hmm, here is a better idea; what about not accepting bugreports for
> > components that are not maintained?

nothing easier than using the "closed for new reports" checkbox in
bugz. theoretically ...

> > No maintainer means the bugs are never closed; and thats how we got
> > to where we are now.
>
> You are touching on a very important topic here: I bet most people
> don't know off the top of their head whether or not some component is
> maintained. It would be cool to have a quick overview over the
> maintenance status of modules. That may be wishful thinking because
> it's more of a social problem than anything else and you can't change
> people.  A solution would be much appreciated, good luck :)

yeah, see also my "maintenance coverage" mail from may 20th. :}
putting some serious work into that and the "pinging system" would be
*way* more effective than admitting defeat and going for tabula raza
(every few years from now on, because that's what is gonna happen).
i don't buy into this "library" idea, either. it's just a clever way to
get rid of the backlog. anybody trying to actually use it would be
confronted with a load of practical problems.

Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.