Closing all bugs?

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 08:15:50 GMT 2007

Am Dienstag 11 Dezember 2007 08:33:56 schrieb Thomas Zander:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2007 01:15:48 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > this allows us to 'start from scratch' on kde4 without losing any kde3
> > data, as they have varying levels of value for varying people.
>
> so, kde4 apps loose all open bugs + wishes for it filed against kde3 ?
>
> App maintainers that actually use bugzilla will most probably get upset
> over this..
>
> Hmm, here is a better idea; what about not accepting bugreports for
> components that are not maintained?
> No maintainer means the bugs are never closed; and thats how we got to
> where we are now.

You are touching on a very important topic here: I bet most people don't know
off the top of their head whether or not some component is maintained. It
would be cool to have a quick overview over the maintenance status of
modules. That may be wishful thinking because it's more of a social problem
than anything else and you can't change people.
A solution would be much appreciated, good luck :)

(Cases in point: printing and SSL. Other things in kdelibs that are not broken
but still crummy like KMessageBox. Pretty much impossible to manage all the
little classes.)