Closing all bugs?

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Mon Dec 10 22:50:09 GMT 2007

Op maandag 10 december 2007, schreef Sune Vuorela:

Hi,

> dataloss bugs: don't close without verifying they are fixed
> crashes: if apps are properly ported to kde4, how big is the chance that
> the crash also have been ported? probably not too big => ping & close
> other bugs: ping && close
> wishes: ping && close (or maybe even keep open)

As I said in my posting, I don't want to touch wishes since I leave those up
to the maintainer to close them. I can't decide for an application maintainer
if a wish is void or not (well, sometimes I can because some of them are just
too stupid :) But still.

> with ping && close I mean something like
> "Hi there is a big chance that this issuehave beeen fixed with the
> release of kde4, please go ahead and verify. If noone says anything, it
> will be closed in X weeks" (X probably 8 or so)

Which brings the burden of tracking 15000+ bugs by hand. That's something I
want to prevent by closing all bugs at once and reopen those which are still
valid.

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers