qt-copy bug?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 8 02:41:22 GMT 2007

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> I'm starting to regret updating qt-copy today (since it was upgraded to
> 4.3.3 earlier this week). Since updating, the color buttons in the color
> kcm ('colors' tab) are entirely too wide (>200 px). Worse, if I comment
> out colorcm.cpp:569 [1], qt gets into an infinite loop when resizing the
> list.
>
> Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas? If this is indeed a qt bug, and not
> something entirely stupid I'm doing wrong (though I'm not sure what that
> could be), it seems pretty severe...
>
> 1:     commonColorTable->horizontalHeader()->setResizeMode(1,
> QHeaderView::ResizeToContents);

More info:
The second column is being made equal size as the first, while the first
is being made equal to the list width minus the /correct/ size for the
second column (which obviously leads to a horizontally-scrolling list).
Without setResizeMode(...), this manifests as the infinite loop, as on
resizing, the second column is first made correct size, and then made
equal to the first column, which apparently causes a resize and the
process repeats ad infinum.

I'm not 100% convinced this isn't a problem with my qt-copy somehow
(I've totally nuked all install and build files from KDE), or I'd be
talking to TT already. Is anyone else seeing this?

Screenshot: http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/548/scarybuttonsyu1.png

--
Matthew
"What is a release plan, anyway?" -- Oswald Buddenhagen