Showstoppers, was: Re: Fwd: Re: Release Mode

Fredrik Höglund fredrik at kde.org
Tue Dec 4 16:37:09 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 04 December 2007 15:20, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 December 2007, Michael Pyne wrote:
> > Well, playing oggs at least seems to work fine, although I had to do it
> > from JuK, phononplay was silent for some reason.
>
> Would be nice if you can find out why phononplay didn't work. It really
> should.

I have a theory about that.  When the KDE plugin path differs from the
Qt plugin path, Phonon doesn't work in pure Qt applications because
it can't find its plugins.

This doesn't affect KDE applications, because KApplication adds the KDE
plugin paths by calling QCoreApplication::addLibraryPath().

In Qt 3 it was possible to configure the plugin path in qtrc, which also
worked for pure Qt applications, but the only way to configure it in
Qt 4 it is to set an environment variable.  We do that in the startkde
script, but unfortunately it doesn't work for applications that are
started from Konsole or a terminal.

Regards,
Fredrik