Color of tooltip

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 1 01:59:46 GMT 2007

Sebastian Kuegler wrote:
> For years, on of my personal major nitpicks is the colour of our tooltips. Now
> this is totally subjective, but for my eyes, the yellow looks misplaced in
> almost all occurrences. Finally, in KDE4, I can change it. A huge thanks to
> those who made it possible! (I recall talking with richmoore and Olaf about
> it during last aKademy, and of course mwoehlke is our colour-hero.)

Thanks :-). Now we just have to wait for Qt 4.4 to be able to change
QWhatsThis also :-/.

> I'm wondering how chances are that we change the tooltip colour to something
> which is not yellow, maybe a light grey. Attached patch accomplishes this for
> me. The screenshot shows how this would look like.
>
> Any chance this would be accepted?

Not right now... the entire set of default colors is going to go away
once we pick a new default scheme. Instead, please submit a patch
against kdebase/workspace/kcontrol/colors/schemes/Steel.colors which is
currently my preference for the new default and is still likely too
yellow for your taste :-). (The other schemes currently in svn are
mostly non-yellow, or if they are yellow it's because it fits the
overall look decently.)

(If one of my other preferences - namely "any light-on-dark" - wins, it
certainly won't have yellow :-).)

--
Matthew
"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants...