Beta2 Tagging and Feature Freeze

Jos Poortvliet jos at mijnkamer.nl
Wed Aug 29 19:14:22 BST 2007

On 8/29/07, Jos Poortvliet <jos at mijnkamer.nl> wrote:

> On 8/29/07, Allen Winter <winter at kde.org> wrote:

> > tomorrow, 29

> > forward

> > first
> > will
> > > >
> > > I don't think you should say either.
> > >
> > > We should have another pre-release in another month.
> > > We have no idea yet if it will be beta3 or rc1.
> > >
> > > Time and effort will decide that for us.
> > >
> > I should have said....
> >
> > The Release Team is discussing changing the Release Schedule.
> > We may add a Beta3 and a Beta4 and move the Release back to late
> > December.
> >
> > But I don't think we have a final decision yet.
> >
> > In any event, I don't think the Beta2 announcement needs to talk
> > about what we call the next release.
>

> The point is that, like the last announcement, I try to talk about the
> current status, and the future. http://dot.kde.org/1186051550/
>
> but yeah, I'll talk around the issue.
>
> tnx :D

Can/should I say this?

Since the librarie where frozen with the <a href="
http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.0-beta1.php">first beta</a>,
developers have been able to add features to their applications. Now it is
time to start polishing these features, write and translate documentation,
improve the artwork and usability and of course fix the remaining bugs. Even
though some parts of KDE like <a href="http://plasma.kde.org">Plasma</a> are
except from this feature freeze, we expect KDE not to change much before the
4.0 release.