Installed sounds

David Vignoni david at oxygen-icons.org
Mon Aug 27 18:19:59 BST 2007

Il giorno 27/ago/07, alle ore 19:07, Andreas Pakulat ha scritto:

> On 27.08.07 16:56:03, pinheiro wrote:
>> A Monday 27 August 2007 16:40:05, Andreas Pakulat escreveu:
>>> I don't have a good memory, but IIRC he said something close to
>>> "only
>>> ship oxygen" (pinheiro please correct me if I'm wrong here, but
>>> thats
>>> what I recall from the style thread from you).
>>
>> yes for the very simple reson that they are vastly supirior in
>> ever aspect, we
>> have all the sizes we want and we will provide resolution specific
>> versions.
>> Can the old ones do that?
>
> No, but do the people that use those wallpapers _now_ in their
> resolution need resolution-independant wallpapers? I really don't see
> the problem with shipping the old ones besides the new ones and
> choosing
> a new wallpaper as default (same for styles, music, icons, whatnot).

Those people will probably just need to copy somewhere their favorite
wallpaper and then use it.

If we want to bring quality not just in artistic terms, but also in
terms of coherence, it's needed that all the wallpaper we ship
respect some standards. In my opinion providing wallpapers that
aren't available in all the resolutions a lack of coherence, and
shipping the old wallpapers would push down the overall quality of
the upcoming set wallpapers.

Imho the old wallpapers shouldn't be part of the base system.