Installed sounds

Jos Poortvliet jos at mijnkamer.nl
Mon Aug 27 15:00:53 BST 2007

On 8/27/07, pinheiro <nuno at oxygen-icons.org> wrote:

> sounds
> allow
> > >
> > > Can we just simple remove all of the old stuf and just keep the new
> ones
> > > please? They are small simlpe and elegant.
> >
> > I don't see any reason to remove perfectly good preexisting sounds.
> > The Oxygen ones are nice and I'm sure some people will enjoy them but
> > others (such as myself) will like things as-is.
>
> Ok and i gess the same goes to wallpapers, icons, and everything rest,
> makes
> sence.
> If not for anything else, keping as small as possible.
> I realy dont see any reson for this old stuf to not be removed to kde-look
> or
> somware like that.

Hmm, there is the gui for setting notifications. Well, I could see why
someone wants some specific sounds for something, so as far as the old ones
don't duplicate the oxygen ones (eg 4 'ping' sounds is pretty useless) imho
they can stay. But just keeping em all is imho not really useful without a
theme selector GUI.