Installed sounds

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 14:59:49 BST 2007

> > > Can we just simple remove all of the old stuf and just keep the new ones
> > > please? They are small simlpe and elegant.
> >
> > I don't see any reason to remove perfectly good preexisting sounds.
> > The Oxygen ones are nice and I'm sure some people will enjoy them but
> > others (such as myself) will like things as-is.
>
> Ok and i gess the same goes to wallpapers, icons, and everything rest, makes
> sence.

No actually it doesn't. This conversation wasn't talking about those,
but thank you for making it seem as though it was. FWIW, I think most
old wallpapers should be kept, icons unfortunately not due to sheer
size, and I can't speak for "everything rest" because I don't feel
like putting words in your mouth as you seem to wish to do so for me.

I really don't understand why so many people feel the need to rm any
file that existed in KDE3 simply because it was there. I continue to
be extremely worried about the slow destruction of the KDE environment
that I've enjoyed using for so long now.

> I realy dont see any reson for this old stuf to not be removed to kde-look or
> somware like that.

How about we make a deal? When there are more than a grand total of 16
seemingly random Oxygen sounds that aren't even being installed right
now, then we can revisit things, but until then let's stop trying to
remove currently working alternatives.