LTR/RTL paths

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 20:14:16 BST 2007

On 8/26/07, Rafael Fernández López <ereslibre at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is just a matter of presentation. We have to take in count that
> someone that writes/reads from RTL will name their files:
>
> bz2.xcf.gray.myimage
>
> instead of
>
> bz2.xcf.myimage.gray
>
> So everything is consistent. The problem comes if somebody writing
> from LTR sends by email a file to the person reading from RTL. Where
> we could have:
>
> myimage.gray.xcf.bz2
>
> Then as we see the system should decide in which part of the word the
> extension is.

Hmmmm.... Microsoft solved this by not displaying the extension at
all, and introduce the "file type" attribute.

I don't think the RTL paragraph roles should be modified only to meet
the extension case...
But it is only my opinion...

In all cases, when you specify filename in text, it should follow
Unicode roles, so that the filename will be valid in any application.

Alon.