Naming of blitz ?

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Fri Aug 24 09:00:50 BST 2007

Hi!

I just discovered when looking into debian packaging of blitz that there
is something else with almost the same name - and several files being
the same.

There is the libblitz pkgconfig file, there is the /usr/lib/libblitz.so
and such.

The numeric part of the SONAME differs currently, blitz++ libblitz.so is
at .0, where kde blitz libblitz is a .4
But blitz++ libblitz can do soname changes and such and quickly reach
kde blitz.

On sourceforge, blitz name is used by blitz++, where kde blitz has
qimageblitz.

I don't know if debian is the only distribution who ends up having this
conflict, but I would not be surprised if other distributions was having
file conflicts here as well.

I would personally dislike to make a debian specific rename of blitz, so
I am wondering wether kde in general sholud rename blitz to something
else. qimageblitz seems to have been used by the author already
elsewhere.

/Sune