clarification on git, central repositories and commit access lists

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Aug 22 18:42:43 BST 2007

On Wednesday 22 August 2007 19:24:17 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> you're right that it isn't a technical issue. we differ based on this:
> "aaron cares about having an agreed upon plan, even a sketch of one, that
> doesn't run us the risk of causing community issues and which sounds
> realistic."

While I think kde-core-devel is the proper place to discuss implementing such
a plan, I don't think it's the place to draft it.

I'm going to ask sysadmins to create a kde-nextscm-interest mailing list for
all those interested in discussing what that would entail. When we have a
plan for:

1) importing our history
2) repository layout & associated tools
3) transitioning everyone to the new system

we can come back and discuss with the KDE community at large if they like the
plan and agree with it.

Just to be clear on this: there is no decision yet if we will migrate *at*
*all*. It may happen that we'll still be using SVN 3 years from now.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358