Which styles to keep?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Aug 21 20:46:54 BST 2007

On Sunday 19 August 2007, pinheiro wrote:

> i dont have that problem and they need to be in order to be coerent with
> the look of the style, also there is no real issu has radio butons are
> usualy used alog radio butons were checkboxes with checkboxes.

Ok. I know I've got bad eyes -- but not so bad that I cannot use Plastik at
the lowest contrast setting -- but here are my comments on the most recent
version of Oxygen, compiled today, with every setting default. These are the
problems I have simply seeing and grabbing the widgets with my eyes and my
(admittedly high-res screen, 129x129 dpi).

http://www.valdyas.org/~boud/oxygen.png

I'm not making artistic comments here, nor am I making usability
pronouncements. I'm just telling you the problems I have when trying to use
an application I'm very familiar with in the Oxygen style right now.

By contrast, and I should add that, too: the shadowy-border around the edit
boxes help a lot, the general design of the comboboxes works just fine and
the scrollbars are great. Again, just for me. Somehow, the fact that I cannot
see the top half of the radio buttons or the check boxes hampers me more than
that I cannot see the top of the ordinary push buttons or comboboxes. Maybe
because there's more text in there.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi