KStyle move, BIC Monday exemption...

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 20 23:24:33 BST 2007

I really don't want to do this, but... I really want to move KStyle, and 
since a power outage has cut me off from my kde4-dev box for the day, 
after talking with winterz on IRC I think I'm going to move it as soon 
as I can tomorrow (Tuesday 8/21).

Feel free to comment, but we'd really like to get it done before beta2.

While I'm at it I plan to nuke KCPUInfo (nothing is using it*). This 
will leave K*Effect which Mosfet is reportedly making good progress on 
extracting (removing users thereof) and kColorBitmaps which I still 
haven't decided on an optimal location for, but which if push came to 
shove would be easy to move into using apps rather than anywhere in libs.

I will also at some point before the tagging plan to mark all of kdefx 
deprecated (i.e. with KDE_DEPRECATED, KDE4PORTING already says not to 
use it).

(*ksplashx has a private copy of KCPUInfo; krita was the only "other" 
user and should be off as of earlier today.)

(sorry, .sig file is on the other computer)

More information about the kde-core-devel mailing list