Freeze Dates (Was: Prepare for a Feature Freeze)

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon Aug 20 15:20:38 BST 2007

On Monday 20 August 2007 8:53:54 am Ian Wadham wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 06:03 am, Allen Winter wrote:
> > We, the Release Team, would like to try for an Application Feature Freeze
> > immediately after the second Beta is tagged, 26 Aug (approx).
> >
> Is/was there a string freeze on 20 August, as it says in TechBase?
> In particular, should everybody's applications handbooks and help
> messages now be up-to-date with new features and new graphics.
> If so, there must be a chicken-and-egg problem here somewhere.

Sorry, I never got around to updating the TechBase pages.

The Feature Freeze is 26 Aug.

The Message Freeze deadline on 20 Aug should be removed.
IIRC, we were discussing having a very relaxed plan for the
translators in 4.0.0.  Especially since many of the handbooks
will need quite a bit of updating.

You will be informed via these mailing lists when we decide
on a new Message freeze deadline.

-Allen