clarification on git, central repositories and commit access lists

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss03 at volumehost.net
Mon Aug 20 14:38:23 BST 2007

On Monday 20 August 2007, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote about 'Re:
clarification on git, central repositories and commit access lists':
> No, I want this:
>
> kdelibs# work...
> kdelibs# commit -m "New API"
> kdelibs# work...
> kdelibs# commit -m "Adapt kdelibs to new API"
> kdelibs# cd ../kdegames
> kdegames# work...
> kdegames# commit -m "Adapt kdegames to new API"
> kdegames# cd ..
> KDE# push all changes

One big git tree would do that, although since you did 3 commits it will
show up as three different commits on the server side (at no time will the
server's HEAD be one of the first two commits, though).

Not sure how to get similar behavior if I'm separate git repositories are
used.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03 at volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))