KWallet problem for daemon process

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Aug 20 01:11:56 BST 2007

On Monday 20 August 2007, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> On Sunday 19 August 2007, David Faure wrote:
> > On Saturday 18 August 2007, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> > > Hi George!!  =:)
> > >
> > > Can you point me to some kio code that does this?  I looked in a few KIO
> > > directories, but nothing that I saw uses the Wallet...
> >
> > KIO talks to kpasswdserver which talks to kwallet.
>
> Hi David,
>
> kdelibs/kio/kio/slavebase.cpp -- this still uses windowId, gotten by this:
>
> const long windowId = metaData("window-id").toLong();

Sure. (so? I'm not sure what you deduce from this)

> So, it sounds like our only choices are:
>
> 1) introduce a new top-screen window for kpilotDaemon while it's syncing and
> use it

Major GUI change I suppose... but why not, it might give a better user experience
than unexpected popups (see below).

> 2) use 0 for the window id
>
> Sounds like the downside to #2 is that the password prompt from the wallet
> won't pop up in the foreground?

Focus-stealing prevention might do that, yes, if the user is typing at the same time.
That might actually be good, no? The whole point of focus-stealing prevention
is exactly that popups don't come up unexpectedly and steal focus from the current
window...