KWallet problem for daemon process

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Mon Aug 20 00:32:55 BST 2007

On Sunday 19 August 2007, David Faure wrote:
> On Saturday 18 August 2007, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> > Hi George!!  =:)
> >
> > Can you point me to some kio code that does this?  I looked in a few KIO
> > directories, but nothing that I saw uses the Wallet...
>
> KIO talks to kpasswdserver which talks to kwallet.

Hi David,

kdelibs/kio/kio/slavebase.cpp -- this still uses windowId, gotten by this:

const long windowId = metaData("window-id").toLong();

So, it sounds like our only choices are:

1) introduce a new top-screen window for kpilotDaemon while it's syncing and
use it

2) use 0 for the window id

Sounds like the downside to #2 is that the password prompt from the wallet
won't pop up in the foreground?

--
 -[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-
 -[ KDE PIM Developer         //  http://www.kde.org  ]-