Which styles to keep?

Jos Poortvliet jos at mijnkamer.nl
Thu Aug 16 12:29:07 BST 2007

On 8/16/07, Torsten Rahn <torsten.rahn at credativ.de> wrote:

> On Wednesday 15 August 2007 20:51:50 Leo Savernik wrote:
> > inflammatory comment on the new style fascism
>
> You're close to loosing it:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_Law
>
> On Thursday 16 August 2007 04:50:14 Gary L. Greene Jr. wrote:
> > This whole "Modern" style argument is based solely on the eye of
> > the beholder.
>
> Yes, judging artwork is stuff that is based on the eye of the beholder.
> Still
> a good visual designer will be able to find the right ratio of different
> visual offerings taking into account the range of users the desktop was
> made
> for. So the "artwork is judged on the eye of the beholder" platitude
> misses
> the point if you disregard the context.
>
> Torsten

I propose to stop this discussion, and do what we always do: let those who
code, decide.

If a theme is ported, and of good quality, let it be there as an option. I
don't think having themes as an option would ruin the KDE experience... Most
ppl don't even notice the diff between plastik and oxygen (at least, my ex
didn't) so it's not that big an issue.

Maybe (maybe) put the themes in a special 'kde-artwork' location, I remeber
debian had such a seperate package...