Which styles to keep?

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 15 02:56:26 BST 2007

>> > For artists who have put as much energy into KDE4's look and feel as
>> the
>> > Oxygen Team I can already imagine the pain and embarrasment they would
>> > feel if they had to look at screenshots that combine Oxygen Art with
>> some
>> > really outdated looking style theme.
>>
>>  Ok, and roughly how much paint would artists feel looking at something
>> like http://ktown.kde.org/~seli/download/desktop.png ?
> bbbbbbfffffff is that the image you want to give of kde???

That's not the issue. The image of KDE is what you Oxygen guys make.
The alternative styles shipped are exactly for those who want an
alternative. IMHO, we should ship a -diverse- set of high-quality styles.

Though, at any rate, it's likely only Plastik + Oxygen will be ready for
4.0; may be Keramik if my time management improves (the backend is all
done, but it  needs frontend binding).