QPalette::ColorGroup and KColorScheme

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 13 23:13:21 BST 2007

Matt Newell wrote:
> On Monday 13 August 2007 12:42, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> snip
>> More important is the SIC, which is that users really ought to say what
>> QPalette::ColorGroup they are using (oh, and Qt seems to have forgotten
>> about inactive+disabled). So I'm inclined to change the KColorScheme
>> ctor to require an enum to specify this (alternatively it can be
>> optional). Convenience ctors, e.g. taking a QPalette or even QWidget
>> (assuming I can get the correct result from them) can be considered.
> snip
>
> Umm, doesn't "Disabled" assume "Inactive", since a disabled widget should
> never be "Active"?

Absolutely not (but the converse could be argued) :-). "Inactive" refers
to the window, i.e. the distinction is the same as in the WM. Boemann
was pointing out that oxygen needs to have distinct palettes for the two
because the oxygen windeco is otherwise identical for active and
inactive windows*. Previously I believe active and inactive have always
used identical colors.

Also, I'm not sure what an inactive, disabled widget looks like...
inactive is probably better (otherwise it might stick out like a sore
thumb e.g. if the inactive palette is darkened vs. the active palette),
although you've now "lost information"...

(* We may have to do this as a hack for KDE4.0 :-(...)

--
Matthew
People say I'm going insane. I say, "what do you mean, 'going'?".