Prepare for a Feature Freeze

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Sat Aug 11 13:51:10 BST 2007

Hi Rafael,

On Saturday, 11. August 2007 14:30, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I will probably need to add a KCategorizedSortFilterProxyModel to
> kdelibs/kfile, because KDirSortFilterProxyModel (that is already
> there) will inherit KCategorizedSortFilterProxyModel.
>
> By default, categorizing will be disabled, and this class
> (KCategorizedSortFilterProxyModel) is capable of giving the stuff
> ordered as it is categorized or not (the order is variable depending
> if it is categorized or not).
>
> Please tell me if I can do so, if not, for 4.0 I won't be able to add
> the categorization support for Dolphin correctly, and it will be need
> too many workarounds and hacks.

For 4.0 we have still have the option to just copy the code from
KDirSortFilterProxyModel into kdeapps/dolphin/src. By this we can check
whether the interface of KCategorizedSortFilterProxyModel really works. If
this is the case, we can cleanup everything in 4.1.

Moving KCategorizedSortFilterProxyModel into kdelibs now is quite risky from
my point of view... I personally think having some code duplication in
Dolphin for 4.0 is better than missing the chance to adjust the interface of
KCategorizedSoftFilterProxyModel later. So no hack would be required in
Dolphin, just some minor code duplication.

Bye,
Peter