config option for KDirWatch method

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Aug 7 18:37:05 BST 2007

Dne pondělí 06 srpen 2007 21:55 Thiago Macieira napsal(a):
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> >Right, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you get the
> >system-wide settings unless the app has overridden them (which I would
> >further suggest is The Right Thing To Do anyway). At least, I really
> >hope that's the way it works, or else all of KGlobalSettings is horribly
> >broken :-).
> >
> >Then again, having someone confirm that is best I suppose.
>
> Can you give us one reason why an application would choose to override the
> system settings?
>
> In which case will the application have more information for a better
> choice? And why shouldn't this apply to the entire system?

 I think the point is rather that KGlobal::config() is much cheaper, less
error-prone and whatnot than KConfig( "kdeglobals" ) and KGlobal::config()
falls back to kdeglobals anyway.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz