config option for KDirWatch method

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Aug 6 21:00:06 BST 2007

On 06.08.07 13:33:07, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >>Any reason you do not use KGlobal::config()?
> >Well, I understood that as if KGlobal::config() would return me
> >kdeveloprc when used in kdevelop and katerc when used in kate.
>
> Right, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you get the
> system-wide settings unless the app has overridden them (which I would further
> suggest is The Right Thing To Do anyway). At least, I really hope that's the
> way it works, or else all of KGlobalSettings is horribly broken :-).

Right, I never questioned that. However having different monitoring
methods for each app doesn't make that much sense IMHO.

OTOH KDirWatcher already does use that for the polling interval, so in
theory you could have different polling intervals for each app.

I'll post a new patch in a few seconds..

Andreas

--
Day of inquiry.  You will be subpoenaed.