kioslaves/thumbnail patch

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 7 18:37:07 BST 2007

Richard Dale wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 August 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Anyone want to comment before I apply this (and later, similar patches
>> to kaddressbook, kbabel and ksim)?
> This looks good to me - I think this is the most pragmatic thing to do about
> KPixmapSplitter.
>
> One example of why I don't think it should be in the kdelibs api without
> reviewing/redesigning/renaming is this bit:
>
>     QRect coordinates(const QChar& ch) const {
>         int pos = (unsigned char)ch.toLatin1();

...which is exactly why I had no intention of including that overload in
a kdeui version of KPixmapSplitter :-). FontSplitter (which is not a
class I would advocate putting in kdelibs, at least not until it has
several more users) is allowed to have this flavor because it's not
attempting to be in any way generic, and can afford to provide only and
exactly what its user needs.

--
Matthew
Somewhere, there is a .sig so funny that reading it will cause an