kioslaves/thumbnail patch

Richard Dale richard_dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 17:49:22 BST 2007

On Tuesday 07 August 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Anyone want to comment before I apply this (and later, similar patches
> to kaddressbook, kbabel and ksim)?
This looks good to me - I think this is the most pragmatic thing to do about
KPixmapSplitter.

One example of why I don't think it should be in the kdelibs api without
reviewing/redesigning/renaming is this bit:

    QRect coordinates(const QChar& ch) const {
        int pos = (unsigned char)ch.toLatin1();

The comment in the original header is this:

    /**
     * Overloaded for convenience. Returns the item at the position of the
     * given character (when using a latin1 font-pixmap)
     */
    QRect coordinates( const QChar& ch );

So this method is very specific to a pixmap related to fonts, and yet that
comment is the only place in the kpixmapsplitter.h header where fonts are
mentioned at all. Certainly your name of 'FontSplitter' is better for
describing what the code does in the textcreator.cpp code.

-- Richard