Plugin linking problem

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 21:59:29 BST 2007

Hi all,

I am facing a problem I am not sure I can solve in a trivial way. We have:

- A plugin
- A KCModule

The problem I want to solve is:

- The plugin has static public methods and properties.
- The KCModule is the configuration dialog FOR THAT PLUGIN, and has to
access in some way to those static methods for setting/getting those
properties, apart from writing them to a config file.

So, what would be the optimal is having two different libraries, and
the kcmodule is loaded when going to be configured (KPluginSelector
loads it automagically), but obviously this one needs to be linked to
the plugin for accessing those methods.

With cmake I haven't found an easy way of linking the kcmodule against
the plugin itself.

I am not able to add they two to the same library either...

Bye and thank you !!
Rafael Fernández López.