installing libs on Windows

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Mon Aug 6 11:06:36 BST 2007

Von: Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>
> On 06.08.07 11:05:14, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
<snip>
> > The packager needs to adjust the path. Noone should move around a
> program once it's installed, so I don't see any problems here.
>
> What if I just inzip the package somewhere? According to Ralf thats a
> possible scenario and I personally like to do that more than installing
> a program on win32. (because it allows for easier cleaning)

Then you've to know what you're doing. You have to take care where you put all your deps too.
I personally don't care anymore how you decide - imho we've bigger problems than this one...

Christian

btw: A small wrapper (executable) containing the real executable which is executed with CreateProcess() can adjust the PATH for you. It can also take care for other things we've to take care on win32 (e.g. it then can contain the application icon)