Please remove noisy output from kdebug

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Aug 5 12:59:05 BST 2007

Thomas Zander wrote:
>On Saturday 04 August 2007 22:21:14 Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> Oh, wait, I do have the line number from the call... :-) I'll update
>> the code but leave the noisy output for a while. Let's see if the
>> usecases are valid first.
>
>I removed one kDebug(32010) <<"KWScriptingPart::~KWScriptingPart()";
>in kword which triggered this debug output. Thanks for the debug line
> and all, thats really useful!
>
>I'm not sure its a valid usecase.

Ok, agreed. It's not a valid use-case.

If you've called kDebug(...) after it's been destructed, it can't get the
area name from the configuration nor can it determine if the area is
disabled or not.

If you are supposed to have debugging after destruction, you have to use
qDebug. Otherwise, your code is being called really when it shouldn't.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358