Making kdefx static

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 3 23:48:43 BST 2007

Allen Winter wrote:
> I like the idea of having Blitz in kdesupport.
> But... only if it is "done" or "nearly done".

Mosfet wanted me to post this:
<quote src="Mosfet">
Hey guys, I'm sitting at home reading this thread wondering why every
time I'm involved in something it turns so complex >:)

For people worried about stability since it is new code I'm doing *a
lot* of testing. More than I ever did before on anything I've written.
Each effect is being tested individually with an 8bit, 32bitRGB(A), and
premultiplied image. I spent all morning doing this. Next I am going to
test with MMX disabled so the C/C++ versions are all tested.

KImageEffect OTOH really needs to go. Someone just ran the porting
script over it and it does all sorts of stupid things like treating
QImage::colorTable() like it's a reference and not a deep copy. It's all
sorts of new bugs over old bugs.

As for people suggesting developers just using their own copies of
KImageEffect, two problems with that: First of all, like I said most
stuff in KImageEffect doesn't work anymore. Apps using their own copy
doesn't fix that. Second of all there are also local copies of
post-KImageEffect algorithms I've done scattered all over the place.
Blitz fixes and integrates all this.

So anyways, my vote now is for kdesupport.
</quote>

> And, keep in mind that it will need to follow
> the licensing and other requirements (Krazy, BIC).

Obviously Mosfet would need to speak to that. (Can someone please
un-moderate him so he can contribute reasonably to these discussions?)

--
Matthew
"Non sequitor. Your facts are out of order." -- Nomad