kdelibs TODO list

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Thu Aug 2 12:58:39 BST 2007

On Thursday 02 August 2007 13:25:04 Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> It's not really open source if you depend on some closed-source service
> over the internets. Wasn't there some idea floating around to do exactly
> that for the whole desktop? Oh, not at KDE you say? Phew >:]

To some extent we already experienced that we currently lack a good definition
of what a "free service" constitutes. The GPLv3 helps a bit in terms of
helping the user to get hold of the source code behind a service, but it
doesn't talk about the user's rights to manage remote data.
It would indeed be useful to come up with a decent definition first.

Josef