State of kdefx

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 1 17:06:03 BST 2007

Mosfet wrote:
> Since Blitz and KImageEffect are not completely API compatible the easiest
> thing on me would be to still remove KImageEffect and KCPUInfo, add Blitz as
> a dependency instead for 4.0, and I port the stuff in SVN to use it. This is
> pretty straightforward, (the API is similiar), and I'd be happy to help doing
> this. For 4.1 we'll be using Quasar.

Sounds like an equally good plan. In that case, can we integrate Blitz
into KDE's svn, or what? Replacing kdefx (i.e. put it in kdelibs for
now) would be the least hassle for others. Any thoughts on making Blitz
also static to avoid BC issues when we remove it?

> BTW: Please CC me when responding on this thread as I'm not on the list.

nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/ :-)

--
Matthew
"Let's call it an accidental feature." -- Larry Wall