[RFC] Using KPassivePopup from KSystrayIcon

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Mon Apr 23 04:31:16 BST 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007 12:42, Richard Moore wrote:
> On 3/29/07, Richard Moore <richmoore44 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/29/07, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at suse.cz> wrote:
> > >  How about if KPassivePopup got rather moved to KNotify and apps
> > > stopped using it directly?
> >
> > No. KPassivePopup has lots of features that cannot be used in that
> > case. Many apps use it directly. This is not even an option.
>
> Just to provide an example - you need to be able to put arbitrary
> widgets into the popup. I don't see knotify ever supporting that.

JuK has used KPassivePopup for awhile now to display information on a newly
playing song, including cover art, larger font and Prev/Next track buttons.
So long as this is possible in KNotify then there's no reason not to port
over but this was definitely not possible in KNotify for KDE 3.

I'm back from a "guest" tour on a different boat btw, it's going to take me
some time to work my way through my email though.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne