Drop KAssistantDialog in favor of QDialog

Matthias Lechner matthias at lmme.de
Sun Apr 15 13:39:36 BST 2007

On Friday 13 April 2007 21:09:38 Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On 4/11/07, Jaroslaw Staniek <js at iidea.pl> wrote:
> > I would say:
> > Yes, let's keep KAssistantDialog outside of the public API before KDE
> > 4.1. Then, chances are that some apps will make use of its features (not
> > even planned in new QWizard), like "List of steps" [1].
>
> Well, if it's outside the public API, how would apps use it? ;)
> Btw, is that "list of steps" features already implemented? If yes, you
> have me as a loyal KAssistantDialog user immediatelly ;)

Hi Alexander,

I implemented this feature last year but it was decided that it would be
better to have such a list on the left and not on the top since horizontal
space is expensive.

But I am still willing to implement this feature with the new requirements as
soon as I find the time and motivation ;o)

Best regards
Matthias