FW: [REMINDER] Upcoming KDE 4.0 Milestones + Nepomuk

Sebastian Trüg strueg at mandriva.com
Fri Apr 13 07:07:35 BST 2007

On Thursday 12 April 2007 22:50:55 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Thursday 12 April 2007 22:45, Sebastian Trüg wrote:

> > > I thoguuht this too but Sebastian told me that's not that easy as it
> > > looks... maybe he can tell what rcgen does / what input and output
> > > rcgen generates?
> >
> > I think the problem is that at cmake time the names of the generated
> > sources are not known since they are also generated by rcgen.
>
> Uh. At cmake time the file names which will be generated and should be
> compiled cannot be known ?
> That's not good.
> "cmake time" means "the time when the build files are created". So at the
> time the build files are created the names of the files which should be
> compiled by the buildsystem (make or MSVC or XCode) really should be known.
> If this is not possible all solutions will be hacky.

that is what I thought. So the only solutions that I see are:

1. A hack like now (bad)
2. put all in one header and one source file named after the ontology (very
bad)
3. As I proposed earlier: only create the base ontology in kmetadata itself
and add the sources to the svn (only a little bad)
4. Make rcgen a script (I don't have enough scripting skills for that)
5. Compile rcgen before kmetadata (and even before kdelibs, probably not
possible)

Cheers,
Sebastian