RFC: KRecentFilesAction: hide urls

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at kde.org
Thu Apr 12 11:52:46 BST 2007

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 20:15, Johnathan Burchill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The KRecentFilesAction shows the full url path in square brackets behind
> the short name? I'd like to hide that url and just show the short name. If
> the same shortname is associated with more than one url, the short name
> would be appended with a unique identifier, like (2), (3), etc.
>
> The API doesn't appear to do this.  Please see the following patch. It
> defaults to the current behaviour. Comments?
>
> Thanks,
> JB

I'm against hiding the url information. Although it may be application
dependend. In kate/kwrite at least it is bad, because the numbering is
arbitrary you can't tell eg what Makefile, Makefile(1),
Makefile(2),Makefile(3) .... are, so the recent file acation would be quite
unusable for me.
--
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they
fly by. (Douglas Adams)