FW: [REMINDER] Upcoming KDE 4.0 Milestones + Nepomuk

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Wed Apr 11 14:18:44 BST 2007

On Tuesday, 10. April 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> > I'll take a look on this in the next two weeks but it would be nice to
> > make it optional until 4.1.
> this would realistically mean application integration in 4.2 or later.

No. There can be applications making use of nepomuk by 4.1, and then we can
include a polished and tested version of it in kdelibs for 4.1.

if we put nepomuik into kdelibs for KDE 4.0, then we have to stay compatible
with it (also binary compatibility).

only few applications should be affected by nepomuk - and thats why I think it
makes sense to slip it for KDE 4.1.

Just because its not in kdelibs doesn't mean applications can't make use of
it. It just means its not part of 4.0. And thats great. Remember, there is
life after KDE 4.0 (at least if we ever manage to release 4.0 instead of
cramming every possible new feature in it (2nd version syndrome).

Dirk