KListView started, and almost ready

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Apr 4 16:30:13 BST 2007

On Wednesday 04 April 2007, Tom Albers wrote:
> The general problem is that you don't know that it exists when it is not in
> kdelibs.

this is indeed an area where improvement could be made.

> Maybe we should start a wiki

techbase is there to use.

> (or an autogenerated list ??)

autogenerated from what?

> I've the start of a KTreeWidget*, which adds functionality to work with
> levels ( for example: to keep the Inbox at the top of the folder list ) and
> helpers to easily save the columnsizes. But far to thin to go to kdelibs,
> but if others extend it...

so sounds like we have two widgets to go on that page already =)

my only concern is that we'll get a bunch of entries on the page but they
won't be updated and fall out of sync with the widget's progress and/or
death. we'll need to keep an eye on the page and groom it every so often.

it would probably be useful to put a date for each entry so we know when it
was last updated or checked.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se