KListView started, and almost ready

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Wed Apr 4 14:00:32 BST 2007

At Wednesday 04 April 2007 14:03, you wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 April 2007, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> > I think is a good solution, but my idea was that plenty of programs could
> > use it: open/save dialogs and all applications that want to show a
> > QListView.
>
> probably true enough, but for now it should go into dolphin where it can
> mature. it's really easy to move things in kdelibs relative to changing them
> or moving them out. once in kdelibs there are a lot of commitments that must
> be kept regarding the API and general stability. in dolphin the class can
> evolve more freely and once it is proven there and a second app starts to use
> it, it can be moved into kdelibs.
>
> > I know there is that policy to add a class to kdelibs (at least 2 programs
> > needing it), but I see this like lots of programs could benefit from.
>
> the policy is generally there for a reason, e.g. it's something that isn't
> always immediately clear and so we need some guidelines to follow even when
> there is doubt. =)

Hi,

The general problem is that you don't know that it exists when it is not in kdelibs.

Maybe we should start a wiki (or an autogenerated list ??) with classes which could go to kdelibs.

I've the start of a KTreeWidget*, which adds functionality to work with levels ( for example: to keep the Inbox at the top of the folder list ) and helpers to easily save the columnsizes. But far to thin to go to kdelibs, but if others extend it...

Toma
* http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/pim/mailody/src/mailodybaselistview.h?revision=650049&view=markup
--
http://www.mailody.net